Tech talent remains in high demand. This is true of technology-centric firms, but tech-oriented jobs are being created in many other industries as well, including finance, media and manufacturing. CBRE produces an annual report reviewing the tech labor market, weighing factors such as the amount of jobs created, the number of graduates local schools are producing, average salaries and office costs.
In this David Bodamer speaks with Colin Yasukochi, executive director of CBRE Tech Insight Center, to discuss the 2021 Scoring Tech Talent report. The report analyzes 50 U.S. and Canadian markets and is targeted to technology workers across all industries.
David and Colin discuss:
- A brief history and explanation of what the report is
- The best places for tech talent, looking at both high-quality and low-cost options
- Some major changes in the industry, such as the increase in job availability in some surprising areas
- How the pandemic has affected the industry
- A close look at diversity, equity and inclusion among the tech talent labor pool and who is currently being underrepresented
- And more
Tune in now to hear the discussion.
Credit: Source link