1. You never put yourself out there because you’re scared of rejection. You don’t want to get turned down, so you don’t bother sending in an application or making a phone call that could change your life. You allow opportunities to pass you by because you’re worried about getting told no. Although there’s a chance you’ll put yourself out there and have your hopes shattered, refusing to put yourself out there guarantees you won’t get what you want. At least give yourself a fighting chance.
2. You settle for less than you want — and less than you deserve. You’re allowing yourself to be a big fish in a small pond because you’re too scared to travel someplace new. Even though you’re not entirely happy where you are, you’re trying to convince yourself it’s enough. You’re trying to pretend you’re okay with your current situation, when really, you’re always daydreaming about an escape.
3. You’re scared of committing to a single decision. You aren’t sure which move is best for your future, so you end up refusing to make the decision. However, not making a decision is also a decision. It’s going to cause your life to head in a certain direction, one that you might not be happy with. Even though big life decisions are difficult to make, you need to figure out what’s best for yourself.
4. You do what everyone expects you to do without questioning what you want. Instead of following your own dreams, you follow the path you’ve had paved for you by your parents or partners. You never take the time to ask yourself whether you’re happy, whether you’re fulfilled, whether this is really what you want to be doing. You simply follow instructions. You assume the people around you know better than you do.
5. You play it safe, no matter what it costs you. You’re worried about taking risks because you don’t want to end up paying the price. But you’re not realizing how much playing it safe is costing you. You’re not realizing how much you’re giving up by taking the easy road instead of the road you wish you were on. Even though it involves risk, some risks are worth taking.
6. You keep coming up with more and more reasons to procrastinate. Your perfectionism is going to stop you from getting anything accomplished. It’s great that you’re pushing yourself to do better, but you’re always going to find new ways you can improve if you look hard enough. No matter how many hours you put into a project, it’s never going to be perfect. You simply have to try your best and see where it takes you.
7. You don’t even vocalize your dreams. The first step to achieving your dreams is recognizing what they are. You shouldn’t be worried about whether other people are going to judge you over what you want to do with your life. Their opinions shouldn’t stop you from chasing after your wildest dreams. If you want something badly enough, don’t be afraid to share it with the world.
Credit: Source link